Saturday, April 21, 2012

Day 95


April 14, 2012

A junta is a community event where several people get together to help a neighbor out with a physical project. I went to my first junta today. A member of the community got together several men and a couple of ladies to help him ‘clean up' his farm to get it ready to plant with rice.

I started off the day with the ladies, getting lunch ready. I decided that as exciting as cooking soup is, I wanted to give the machete a go. I headed out to help the men clear the field with a machete, which is just as hard and time consuming as it sounds. I think that I can get a handle of the machete, but what I know I will never be able to do is drink straight liquor in the hot Panamanian sun while swinging a very long, very sharp knife. 





No comments:

Post a Comment