Saturday, April 21, 2012

Day 101


April 20, 2012

Made it to a 100 days in Panama. I’m celebrating it with a weekend getaway in Panama City with a couple of volunteers who live near me. It is shaping up to be a wonderful weekend…Internet, cold beer, and American food.

I have been writing blog posts while in site and saving them on my computer. This is why all the posts from the last months are showing up now. I hope you guys enjoy them and are all doing well yourselves.

Things are going well for me. I really enjoy my site. Things are still pretty awkward on a daily basis, but I’m getting used to it. I have found a possible house to move into in June with plenty of space for my garden, which I will get started on in the next week (thanks for the seeds Gaga and Granddaddy), and my puppy--Jay. Keep your fingers crossed that everything works out. I hang out at the school a couple times a week, helping out with the English classes and playing with the kids. We are going to start the school garden soon. Other than that, I read, pasear, walk—a lot, and hang out with folk in the community.

Hopefully my new house, there is room to raise pigs and chickens
the lady told me...

This is my family's kitchen and where my puppy lives. The semi in the
background is used to drive up into the mountains and haul huge
trees back down to ship off to China. I have also been asked by
some of the workers how much a Mack truck costs because they want
to buy a new one, and since I'm American, I should know the price of
a Mack truck. 

Where do you keep meat when you don't have electricity?
Why on the clothesline  of course!
PS that's the latrine off to the side in the background. 

Here's Jay

Stuck under a bridge during a rain storm, good thing I
brought a book. 

1 comment:

  1. Now that school's out for the summer i'm finally finding the time ot catch up on your blog. YOUR PUPPY IS SOOOO SO SO SOOOO CUTE! (i'm hoping he's still alive & that u still have him, as i've only read april so far & am working forward -- i'll be devastated if i don't get to hear more about jay pup the panamanian pooch). can u bring him back to the states when u come home?? if so, him & riley can be best buds!!

    ReplyDelete