Friday, April 20, 2012

Day 80


March 30, 2012

So Loma Bonita is really spread out. I am supposed to walk around to all the houses and try to get to know all the people who live here, but that requires miles of walking. I had been invited by a man to come to his house several weeks ago, but I still had not made it out to his house because it is one of the far ones. I decided that I would head out that way and knock out all the houses in that area.

About an hour or so into my walk, I came across two men on horses and a road full of bulls! One of the men told me that if I didn’t want to die, I better crawl through the barbed wire fence to the other side. Not sure that I understood what this man was saying or that I wanted to squeeze through all the barbed wire, I asked him to tell me that again. Well, he didn’t have enough time to finish cause the bulls started to stampede. So, I dove through the fence and watched from the other side as 30 bulls ran by where I was just standing.

I did make it to the houses, but I’m not sure that I will be heading back out that way anytime too soon. 
This road goes on for a while, but I think you
guys get the picture.
Loma Bonita is made up of large fincas
with bunches of cows like this one.

The lake at the end of the road and my community
guide, Manuelin.

No comments:

Post a Comment