Friday, April 20, 2012

Day 74


March 24, 2012

One of the first things that the Peace Corps told us when we arrived was that we are going to have to change our definition of success. Projects are not going to get started or finished as quickly, people won’t show up to meetings that we planned, or days and days will pass when we don’t do a whole lot.

So, today I went to Torti, the largest town near me about 20 minutes down the road, to use the Internet. As everyone can see, I have quite a few post saved up, plus I have a bunch of photos I wanted to share. I headed out of the house after lunch and hopped on a bus (one with a distracted drive; he was either talking on the phone, the walkie-talkie, or stopping along the road to do some shopping).

When I finally made it to Torti, climbed up the two flights of stairs to the Internet café, I found out that the Internet café was closed. Grrrr! So, I called Jason to vent, went to the store to buy a bunch of cookies and headed home on the bus. As I was getting off the bus, I ran into a man from my community. I walked with him on my way home, and he invited me to come and paint his house tomorrow morning.

So, was today successful? Didn’t get any internet done, have no idea what the schedule to the internet café, nor do I know when I’ll get a chance to try again. But…I do have a date to hang out with some community members tomorrow. Success?...I’d say so!

No comments:

Post a Comment