Saturday, January 14, 2012

Day 4: Delayed Pics

Today I went on a field trip with my environmental group to visit a volunteer, who is currently serving in a community that can only be reached by dugout canoe. It was beautiful. It is the scene that I have in my head when I think about PC. We visited a volunteer that runs an after school eco club, a baking club with ladies in the community, a eco and health friendly stove making project, solar panel project, english and tech classes among other things. She is quite amazing. It was nice to see an example of what I might be doing.
This is the port where the bus dropped us off and we hopped on a boat to go to the volunteer site.

This is the volunteer's house that her community built for her.


A couple of pics from the past:

Good Bye party at Dave and Busters. Lots of fun--thanks to everyone who made the trip to see me off (Sue, the Roberts and Dad)

In the ATL airport at 5am. Now I have to carry all that stuff around Panama.


City of Knowledge. Old army base where we have training and where a couple of people are staying. 

This is the view from the PC office. That is the Canal over by those smoke stacks. 
I'm heading off tomorrow to move in with my first host family. I'm not sure about internet--so hang in there.


No comments:

Post a Comment