Thursday, January 12, 2012

Day 2

The day was pretty good. Long and exhausting. Another day of training/orientation at the old army base. We met with some more PC staffers and a couple of volunteers met up with us to hang out. It was nice. One of the volunteers is in my sector, so it was nice hearing about what she is doing--cause I still don't really know what I'll be doing. 

All the ladies got pregnancy test--blood drawn, while the dang men stood around chatting.

Then we had Spanish interviews to test out which level we should be in. I don't really know how I did--didn't get too much feedback. I was a little disappointed in my responses and it will take a while to get use to the accents--I definetely have some practicing to do, but that's what the next 3 months are for!

Lastly, I had an interview with the head guy of my sector. He went over my interview, and we kinda talked about what I would like to do and such. I told him that I was a bit nervous since I am one of the few, if not only, people who has no environmental experience. But he said he like my 'interest' and drive, and that training will give me all I need if I work at it. 

Then we had dinner, spagetti, and headed back to the hotel. I'm going to try to head to bed early again tonight because we have another early morning and long day in front of us. 

I know the blog isn't too interesting yet, but I want to keep everyone posted while I can. We head to our training site and first host family on Sunday, and I don't know what kind of access to the internet I'll have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment