Friday, January 13, 2012

Day 3

Hi all,

Today was a BUSY day. We started off with a little water safety--not what is safe to drink or how to treat water to make it potable. We learned what to do if we get carried down a river or taken out to sea by a rip current.

Then we separated into little groups for Spanish. The class was only an hour (they will be four hours every morning starting Monday), but it was a lot of fun.

Next I got a Hep A shot. And learned about my health benefits as a peace corps volunteer. I found out that PC will send a pregnant woman home after her first trimester and pay for the pregnancy and delivery--so several PC volunteers have planned strategically in their last months here.

Lastly, we were dropped off in the national bus terminal, which is huge. We were given a little scavenger hunt to familiarize ourselves with how the bus system works. I have to say that I think now I am even more worried about traveling--I'm not sure that I have figured anything new out about transportation in Panama. Right across from the bus station is the hugest mall I have ever seen. It is probably Mall of Georgia size with many of the same stores. We hung out there, had dinner, shopped for any little things we might need, and hopped back on the bus to head back to the hotel.

Tomorrow is going to be a big day...Field Trip!!!!

I have a couple of pics from the base that we are at this week, which is right by the canal (Mira flores area). I'll post the pics tomorrow. It is getting pretty late, and we have another long day ahead of us tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment